About Radiation Answers
The Health Physics Society is a nonprofit scientific professional organization whose mission is excellence in the science and practice of radiation safety. Society activities include encouraging research in radiation science, developing standards, and disseminating radiation safety information. Society members are involved in understanding, evaluating, and controlling the potential risks from radiation relative to the benefits. The Society's Web site can be visited at www.hps.org.
This Web site was prepared by appointed Health Physics Society members, and technical accuracy was assured with a separate review by a technical panel appointed by the Society Board of Directors.
Information on this site was sent to the following Advisory Group members for review and comment.
- The American Association of Physics Teachers
- The American Medical Association
- The Center to Protect Workers’ Rights (now named The Center for Construction Research and Training)
- The Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors
- The Electric Power Research Institute
- The Interagency Steering Committee on Radiation Standards
- The Natural Resources Defense Council
This project was supported, in part, by a grant from the Nuclear Energy Institute.